Online since 1997, this Abruzzo portal has the mission to:
provide insight into the culture, history, traditions, art, architecture of towns and villages in the Abruzzi region and to help the descendants of the Abruzzese who left their region for remote destinations all over the world to rediscover their roots.
help in genealogy research, connecting with relatives, planning visits to the ancestors' homestead.
honor the heritage of the Abruzzese shepherds, peasants, artists and craftsmen, saints and brigands, the master goldsmiths and artisans of woodcarving and wrought iron, the stone carvers, masons and architects that built the fortresses, monasteries, palaces and boroughs in harmony with the astounding, rugged landscape of the "strong and gentle" Abruzzo people.
A Guide to the Abruzzo Region, Italy
Follow ItalyHeritage on Facebook:
Provinces of Abruzzo
Articles on Abruzzo, its traditions, landscape and monuments, history and research, published since 2001. Suggested: The Perdonanza, L'Aquila on 28th Aug since 1294, photos by deeply missed Valter Carapellese | Pasquale Casale: Studies on brigandage in late 1800's | Beniamino Ianni: A fountain of the 99 spouts in the States
Abruzzo News Archive
A precious archive of over 5000 excerpts of news of interest for the Abruzzese in the world, from 1999 to 2005, with indexes by date and subject.
In the Spotlight
- Italy seen from the sky: Abruzzo & Molise, Italian text with English translation
- In Italian Ruins, New York Lessons, by Art Critic Michael Kimmelman
- from Nature: Scientists on trial: At fault?
- from the New York Times: After Quake in Italy, Seeking Greener Pastures
- In Abruzzi, Italy Shows a Rougher Edge
- L'Aquila in 3-D
- THE PRESS: Google News | search for "Il Centro" and "Il Messaggero" online (most articles not free)
- MUSEUMS: Museo delle Genti d'Abruzzo
- CULTURE: Archivio Storico de L'Aquila | Abruzzese Recipes | The Lunario
- TRAVEL: Abruzzo Buses | Trains in Italy | Maps & Itineraries
- SERVICES: White Pages for Italy | Zip Codes | Evangelical Centers | Italian Foreign Ministry
- DIRECTORIES & REFERENCE: Dmoz Abruzzo | Wikipedia on Abruzzo | Official website of Abruzzo Administration
Abruzzo photo guide - trilingual text (Italian, English, German) - a must for your future visits, a great present...
Traditional songs with booklet of lyrics by Trio99, an Aquilan music group.
La missione di Celestino - Angelo De Nicola's novel on San Pietro Celestino.
in cammino - Ethno-photography & Abruzzo folklore by Vincenzo Battista.
John Fante - Articles by P. Di Vincenzo on the Italian American writer from Abruzzo.
Arte Abruzzo - A guide by Paolo Di Vincenzo to museums, exhibits, events.
Help for Davide - The fight of Davide's parents against Canavan disease
Angelo Sciulli - nature photography as a life choice to defeat ALS