In its long, great history, Italy was the birthplace of many famous personalities, known all over the world: explorers, scientists, politicians, athletes, musicians, and especially artists.
Italy has today about 60 million inhabitants, but probably as many descendants of Italians are in other countries of the world, where they greatly contributed with the genius of their heritage to the new homelands.
Follow ItalyHeritage on Facebook:
Primavera, one of the most cryptic paintings of the Italian Renaissance...
A maestro and pianist, an inspiration for musicians and anybody fighting against life's odds ...
A legend for his songs and voice, and among the most musically productive artists in history...
The Coppolas from Bernalda can boast winners of Academy Awards spanning three generations...
The patron of music, musicians and singers, this Roman martyr inspired Chaucer, Dryden, Haydn, Raphael...
Brought the opera to a new level, exploring the psychology of his heroines...
One of the greatest names in the field of fashion and creativity...
Born Dino Crocetti, always kept his Italian roots alive as in "That's Amore"...
Born in Denver, 1909, is by now considered one of the great literary voices of the 20th century...
Sante Fortunato Vanni, Andrea Ragusa & the first Italian bookstore in the States.
Heavyweight world champion in 1933, the gentle giant, the walking mountain...
One of the most important filmmakers of the Hollywood golden era...
Cinema and Theatre
- Joseph Barbera
- Roberto Benigni Speech at the Quirinale; The Four Ducklings
- Frank Capra
- Federico Fellini
- Eduardo de Filippo: Pulcinella
- Marcello Mastroianni: La Dolce Vita
- Gigi Proietti: Dante and Beatrice duet
- Alberto Sordi: Un Americano a Roma - Macaroni scene
- Totò (Antonio de Curtis): Miseria e nobiltà; Totò sells Trevi Fountain; 'A Livella
- Massimo Troisi: Non ci resta che piangere
- Franco Zeffirelli
History & Science
- Garibaldi in Caprera
- Arturo Giovannitti
- Filippo Mazzei
- Giuseppe (Joe) Petrosino [Padula, 1860 - Palermo 1909]: the most courageous cop of all time
- Antonio Raimondi
- Suor Blandina Segale
- Amerigo Vespucci
- The author of "Lo cunto de li cunti": Giambattista Basile
- Carlo Collodi: Pinocchio's father
- Giosuè Carducci: San Martino
- Gabriele D'Annunzio: I Pastori
- Edmondo de Amicis: Cuore
- John Fante
- Ugo Foscolo: Alla sera
- Giacomo Leopardi: L'Infinito
- Alessandro Manzoni: Addio, monti - da I Promessi Sposi
- Eugenio Montale: Meriggiare pallido e assorto
- Giovanni Pascoli: X Agosto
- Luigi Pirandello: La Patente
- The Rossetti family: Christina Rossetti
- Salvatore Quasimodo: Alle fronde dei salici
- Ignazio Silone: Fontamara, Sono un terrone
Music, Classical and Modern
- Vincenzo Bellini
- Perry Como [Pierino Ronald Como]
- Dean Martin [Dino Crocetti]
- Domenico Modugno
- Roberto Murolo
- Giacomo Puccini
- Arturo Toscanini
- Harry Warren [Salvatore Antonio Guaragna]
- Santa Caterina da Siena
- St. Francis of Assisi: Life
- St. Francis of Paola
- San Francesco Caracciolo
- San Giovanni da Capestrano
- San Pio da Pietrelcina
- Primo Carnera heavyweight world champion in 1933; the gentle giant, the walking mountain...
- Juan Manuel Fangio (Balcarce, 24 June 1911 - Buenos Aires, July 17, 1995): among the best Formula 1 pilots of all time
- Rocco Francis Marchegiano (Rocky Marciano) [Brockton, 1923 - Newton, Iowa, 1969]: the only heavyweight boxer to retire undefeated